2019-2020 Competition Cheerleading Tryouts
Congratulations to all the girls who turned out for our 2019 – 2020 competition season! We had an excellent tryout! Parents, please be on the lookout for an email Friday night informing you of the status of your child’s tryout.
Tuesday, May 28th, Wednesday, May 29th & Thursday, May 30th
(must attend all 3 days)
Dwyer Elementary School Gym (registration in lobby)
665 Mt Hope Ave, Wharton, NJ 07885
Please arrive 15 minutes early for registration
Denville, Rockaway Boro, Rockaway Township and Wharton residents are eligible. Boys and Girls currently in Kindergarten- 11th grade are welcome.
$15 non-refundable Tryout Fee
Fee, Code of Conduct, and Medical Waiver mandatory before cheerleader may enter the gym.
Teams will be based on skill and team size requirements determined by RTCC coaches.
Please wear a plain white T-shirt, black shorts and white cheer sneakers (regular sneakers if you don’t have cheer sneakers) to all days of tryouts.
- Learn a short cheer and dance
- Demonstrate stunting skills
- Demonstrate tumbling skills
- Cheerleaders will perform jumps, stunts, dance, and
- Cheer skills for coaches and be evaluated/scored
- Appearance and attitude will be evaluated
- Plain white t-shirt (no logos) and black shorts/briefs.
- High ponytail and athletic sneakers are a must.
- No long fingernails/acrylics.
TUMBLING SKILLS (SENIOR TEAM): Preferred but not required
- Standing back handspring
- Roundoff back handspring
TUMBLING SKILLS (JUNIORS TEAM): Preferred but not required
- Forward roll
- Walkovers, handsprings, back handsprings
Cheerleaders are notified of tryout results within a week of the conclusion of tryouts. Numbers will be posted on this page.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.